Become a sponsor of The Octagon's 2022 exhibits
As home to the Architects Foundation, The Octagon serves as a place to educate and inspire the public on the value architects and architecture bring to culture and community.
- Revealing the role enslaved craftspeople played in creating the architectural canon, including sites like The Octagon
- Celebrating the contributions of Black architects internationally
I Was Here (Ongoing)
- Originally featured in the 2021 Collaboration of Design and Art Awards exhibit, I Was Here project presents a unique ongoing opportunity.
- I Was Here is a commemoration of the enslaved people who built and worked at The Octagon.
- Tapestries to be installed November 2021.
- 2022 programs include sanctification ceremony, “Friends of The Octagon” reception and numerous opportunities to engage visitors and the public.
SAY IT LOUD (June-Dec 2022)
- A traveling activation that features projects by women and diverse design professionals.
- The concept of this exhibit is “To see our faces, hear our voices, feel our impact within the colorful tapestry of our heritage.”
Request for support
- $50,000: Exhibit installations for I Was Here and SAY IT LOUD
- $28,200: Virtual Reality component for I Was Here
- $25,000: Programming for I Was Here
- $15,000: Programming for SAY IT LOUD
Benefits of support
- Recognition on website, printed materials and onsite signage
- Inclusion in press releases and public events
- Membership in Octagon Alliance and associated benefits
- Other opportunities as negotiated
Thank you to our sponsor
The National Organization of Minority Architects
About the Architects Foundation
As the philanthropic partner of The American Institute of Architects, the Architects Foundation leads efforts to attract, inspire and invest in the next generation of architects to have positive impact in the world. Learn more at https://architectsfoundation.org/.